Job Summary: Join us as an Area Manager and you’ll support HR, Safety and Operations Leadership, staff members, and associates working in fast paced, ever-changing, warehouse environments in a geographic area for a variety of our clients. You’ll focus on developing your staff and the leadership in our locations, focus on positive associate advocacy, positive client relations and hold teams accountable to consistency and process.
This role will support our locations in New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia. Note that locations may change based on business needs.
- Conduct and/or manage investigations of staff and associate complaints escalated from HR Leaders or delegated from Corporate HR.
- Assist in organizing and producing documents for EEO charges, wage claims, disability accommodations and related regulatory inquiries.
- Audit ER investigations completed by HR Leaders or staff members to ensure they are being completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Utilize employee feedback to provide guidance to the staff on employee concerns, and identify areas of potential issues and successes.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports utilizing ER data from HRIS system. Analyze data for trends and outliers that need to be addressed. Communicate findings, contributing factors, and potential solutions to Integrity leaders and Client managers.
- Work with HR Leaders, Site Leaders, Regional Managers and Corporate HR to create and implement proactive employee relations programs that elevate overall associate and internal staff morale Consulting.
- Provide guidance and training to staff members on HR topics; employment law, state and federal regulations, ER practices, company and client policies / procedures.
- Build relationships with Client HR and Client managers through daily interaction and weekly meetings. Work with Client and Integrity leaders to meet Client requests.
- Development and delivery of HR related training including: policies, procedures, employment law, federal regulations, and best processes/practices
- Bachelor’ Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred in HR, Business Administration, or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR Experience and 5 years of supervisory experience
- Current and advanced Knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws/Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Expertise in MS Office Products
- Travel Expected: 50% based upon business need
Physical Demands: At times, you may be rolling up your sleeves and fulfilling orders for our customer experience driven clients. This may require that you perform anything from driving commercial machinery, directing facility parking, working in facility process paths, walking continuously and lifting, carrying, climbing steps, pushing, pulling materials or products.
What’s in it for you? We can provide you with endless opportunities from a geographic and growth perspective. From day one, you’re considered a valuable team member and will receive a competitive weekly compensation package with the ability to grow your earning potential. You’ll get a fantastic benefits package with generous time off, as well as the opportunity to work with a group of pretty awesome people – in an office that knows how to have a good time.
Integrity Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.