Director – Employee Relations
Come join us as the Director of Employee Relations and to ensure consistency of national employee relations to protect the employee and the business. You’ll have Regional HR Managers and Area HR Managers reporting directly to you, who support HR Leaders, staff members, and associates working in fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Our Director of ER is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of ER strategies, programs and policies which promote productive and positive relationships between managers, employees and associates by helping to prevent and resolve issues between individuals. Is also responsible for assisting in ensuring that there are efficient and effective processes and procedures in place and being followed by the field team in a consistent manner in order to resolve ER issues in an expedient manner, that employees are treated fairly, and that actions taken are in compliance with Company policy and government regulations. This role reports into the VP of Human Resources. This role is based in Newark, DE and will require 50% travel.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Develops, implements and administers (through a variety of techniques such as quarterly meetings) the management-employee relations area of the personnel program in an effort to improve employee relations
- Organize and conduct monthly employee focus at each site to gauge employee satisfaction. Utilize employee feedback to provide guidance to the Site Leadership on employee concerns, and identify areas of potential issues and successes.
- Review weekly and monthly reports from all locations including HR activity, Reasonable accommodation and aging utilizing. Analyze data for trends and outliers develop a plan for items to address. Communicate findings, contributing factors, and potential solutions to Integrity leaders and Client managers.
- Partner with HR Leaders, Site Leaders, Regional Managers and Corporate HR to create and implement proactive employee relations programs that elevate overall associate and internal staff morale Sounding board for RHRMs/AHRMs regarding staff and associate concerns.
- Coach the RHRMs/AHRMs on conducting escalated investigations of staff and associate complaints escalated from HR Leaders or delegated from Corporate HR
- Address escalated associate and staff member concerns appropriately and in a manner that supports both the concerned individual and the company.
- Oversee the collection, organizing and producing documents for EEO charges, wage claims, disability accommodations and related regulatory inquiries as requested by the General Counsel.
- Audit ER investigations, Reasonable Accommodation issues and Site Activity by direct reports. They will ensure their teams are accountable for meeting quality and time expectations.
- Manage the centralization of key HR functions within the regions
- Ensure all RHRMs/AHRMs are accountable for the KPI’s of their team
- Provide guidance and training to RHRMs/AHRMs on employment law, state and federal regulations, ER practices, company and client policies / procedures.
- Build Relationships with Client HR and Client managers through interaction on select matters that have been escalated to you by the RHRMs/AHRMs. Work with Client and Integrity leaders to resolve escalated matters. Loop in the General Counsel as appropriate.
- Create and ensure main priorities for work plans for RHRMs/AHRMs are appropriate and consistent/ Ensure workloads are distributed appropriately and in a manner that will optimize service.
- Provide developmental coaching and positive motivation. Create and manage to performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Provide feedback and coaching to RHRMs/AHRMs on investigation process/resolution for ER Issues and best practices.
Education, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’ Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred in Law, HR, Business Administration, or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR Experience and 5 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced Knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws/Regulations
- Emotionally mature leader (ability to be objective and to stay calm and focused in dealing with emotional/stressful situations
- The ability to deliver services with a realistic/pragmatic approach based on sound judgement - balancing the needs of the business with the values, ER policies and laws under which we operate (knows how to operate in the gray).
- Strong communicator, presenter, influencer, conflict manager and negotiator, with history of success coaching all levels of management and employees through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Expertise with using MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- At least four years of related experience in a consulting, leadership, supervisory, or managerial role with proven ability and deliver results.
- Prior experience coaching senior management, with demonstrated program development expertise.
- Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in HR
(SPHR) is a plus.
- Regular Attendance is required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class