As a Shift Manager, you will need to be energetic, decisive, and engaging, while managing multiple priorities in a changing warehouse environment. You will be the Integrity leader managing all needs and issue escalations for Client managers and associates working on your designated shift. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and performance managing a team of Coaches to ensure all day-to-day operational tasks are completed on your shift. Through the use of high tech reporting and personal observations, you will create plans and alter workflow for the Coaches to provide our hourly associates the support and guidance needed to be successful. Regular attendance is required.
• Create and monitor work plans for Shift Coaches, ensuring work- loads are distributed appropriately and in a manner, that will optimize service.
• Hire, train, manage and motivate a team of Shift Coaches to ensure that associates and the Client are receiving superior service. Provide ongoing feedback and development experiences for Coaches to sure they are successful in their role. Issue disciplinary action, when needed, up to and including termination. When coaches are not present, responsible for all direct management of associates, performance feedback, disciplinary action up to and including termination as needed.
• Analyze shift metrics including attendance & attrition rates, Safety & ER issues, and associate performance rates for trends and outliers that are barriers to success. Construct a daily summary that communicates contributing factors and potential solutions to internal and Client management teams.
• Build Relationships with Client managers through daily interaction and weekly meetings. Solicit their input of hourly associate performance and departmental concerns. Provide guidance and support needed to ensure your partnership is contributing to their success.
• Attend weekly Client meetings to address associate performance, quality, and behavioral concerns. Advocate for associate success while ensuring consistency in performance management. Provide performance feedback and disciplinary action, including terminations, for hourly associates.
• Coordinate and manage large group meetings for hourly associates, including orientation sessions, Day 1 Welcome sessions, and lack of work meetings.
• Communicate and audit adherence to Safety and Employee Relations policies. Investigate complaints or deviations from policy, make recommendations for corrective action, up to and including termination, as needed. Escalate issues and partner with internal Site Leader, Safety and ER staff as determined by the nature of investigations.
• Generate operational process improvements through the sharing of best practices and participation on network project teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• HS Diploma OR GED
• Supervisory experience
• Superior customer service, organization and time management skills
• Basic level Microsoft Excel and Web-based Applications/Systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to operate and problem solve in a fast paced, and fluid environment
• Must be willing to work a variety of shifts – including evenings and weekends, as business demands
• Desire to learn and develop beyond current role.
Integrity Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.