1st Shift - Monday - Friday - Temp to Hire eligible usually aft 90 days
Starting Pay $11 - $12 per hour with increase after hire
Park 100 area just minutes from our office at 6000 Corporate Way
Position: Machine Operator Hire Date:
Reporting To: Manufacturing Supervisor Status: Non-Exempt
High School diploma or GED or at least two years experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment.
Description and Primary Duties:
The machine operator is responsible for the manufacturing products in timely, safe, quality manner. The operator will also perform routine maintenance and daily clean-up activities and raise any concerns regarding additional required maintenance or safety procedures necessary for properly operating the machinery. Will run a variety of machinery including molding presses, rotary die-cutter, tape slitter, re-winder, laminator, bagging machine, fork lift, and overhead & clicker presses. Will also assist and back-up shipping and warehousing when necessary.
Other Skills/Qualities: basic written communication skills and good oral communication skills, good basic math skills, multi-task oriented, organized, dependable, integrity, initiative, likes variety, intelligent, independent, quick-learner, mechanical knowledge
Potential Growth: Asst. Manufacturing Supervisor, Lateral growth to warehouse/shipping/receiving or other production areas, machine programming or tooling shop when capabilities are added
Specific Responsibilities/Success Factors
- Responsible for knowing materials and processes used for the various machinery we operate
- Responsible for technical quality inspection and self-review of all parts produced
- Maintain and complete documentation to for properly recording production and inspection of both in-house manufactured products and distributed products
Production and Productivity Improvement
- Responsible for proper machine set-up, operation, and care. MUST ask questions or request additional training if procedures are not clear.
- Responsible for cost control and waste reduction in warehouse and production area. Eliminate inefficiencies and reduce costs while maintaining quality.
- Run jobs in accordance to production schedule and make sure all orders due to ship that day are completed before leaving for the day in the most efficient manner possible.
- Review schedule or communicated part production and also review at mid-day and end-of-day to ensure all orders are shipped on-time
- Follow documented work instructions
- Follow additional and specific instructions on all work orders
- Follow oral work instructions and ask questions if instructions are not clear
- Bring inefficiencies and productivity improvement suggestions to management on a routine basis
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Continually help pick-up and clean entire warehouse production area when necessary.
- Practice safe work practices in the production and warehouse area
- Initiate lock out/tag out procedures where necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Maintenance and Repair
- Follow schedules for both housekeeping and routine and scheduled maintenance on all equipment and implement those maintenance routines.
- Recommend additional preventive maintenance and repair on equipment when need arises.
- Responsible for proper safeguarding and organization of inventory.
- Notifies supervisor when inventory levels require re-order.
- Continually improve organization, packaging, and counting of inventory and shipments
- Ensure that oldest levels of inventory are moved first to avoid obsolescence.
- Segregate and clearly mark non-conforming inventory and properly store away from production
- Fill out all inventory production sheets in a complete, accurate, and timely manner
- Responsible for knowing materials and processes used for the items that we sell or distribute.
- Verify and follow-up on shipping/tracking information.
- Understand quality policy and goals
- Understand and follow work orders stating customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction. Maintain or enhance the quality of our parts!
- Continually look to improve upon the quality of the company and production.
- Document customer complaints
- Reduce Scrap and increase on-time delivery
- Ensure that non-conforming product does not leave the shipping door or get past the receiving door.
- Maintain proper documentation/records on inventory production and inventory counts.
- Attend and participate in quality and safety meetings as required and understand the importance of these issues/procedures from management and put the procedures in practice on your job.
The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
Integrity Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any offer of employment is contingent on successful completion of background and drug screening.
apply at integrityapplication.com