About Integrity Staffing Solutions: We are the people putting people back to work. We are the leaders of the new normal and we have been since 1997. Providing jobs, solutions and a deep competence for a new economy. We supply the skills that propel life forward. We inspire individuals to find their third, fourth and their umpteenth gear. We are an engine of opportunity. We are the gateway from good to great.
The Account Representative - Customs Brokerage is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liaison for assigned shipments.
· Processes Custom and OGA (other government agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United States.
· Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise and/or AS400 system
· Classifies invoice based on HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)
· Sends information/document requests to company's employees, suppliers, service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed.
· Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
· Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping/reference number
· Ensures compliance with regard to U.S. Government regulatory agencies such as FDA, EPA, FCC, Fish & Wildlife, etc.
· Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Airlines, Agents, etc.
· Convert and verify shipment weight, volume and foreign currency
· Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
· Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
· Assist customers with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
· Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner.
· Coordination of shipments from airline, ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination.
· Review documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.
· Must have knowledge of buying/selling rates to ensure profitability
· Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
· Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
· Minimum 3 years experience in customs brokerage or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
· Knowledge of U.S. Government Agency requirements
· Knowledge of U.S. Customs and OGA clearance of freight
· PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel
· Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customers
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Ability to multi task
· Mathematical skills essential to ensure accuracy in calculations
Integrity is an Equal Opportunity Employer